This Plan has been initiated by the Parish Council so that, in the event of an emergency occurring in the parish of Idmiston,
there is a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the various support agencies, and a plan to enlist local people to help others in the community - including a list of contacts
should residents require help in the event of an emergency.
The plan is intended to provide a self-help response, during any emergency affecting the parish community when the normal
emergency response by the Emergency Services and County Council is delayed because of the scope or nature of the emergency.
The Plan has recently been reviewed and updated - but any feedback from parishioners to determine whether the document meets
the needs of the parish or suggestions for improvement would be welcome. Please contact Parish Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
13th March 2020 - the
World Health Organsiation has declared a pandemic in respect of the Corona Virus
HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS
IN IDMISTON, PORTON AND GOMELDON
Follow NHS Guidelines: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
• Wash your hands often, and thoroughly, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• Use hand sanitiser gel or soap and water
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away. Wash your hands thoroughly afterwards
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If You Are Worried or Need Medical Help?
• Do not go to the GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111
• NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help.
In the Villages:
• Please be a good neighbour, be aware of anyone who may be on their own, unable to get out or who is self- isolating. Ask friends, family members or delivery services to drop off food & other
19th February 2020 -
the Environment Agency has issued a Flood Warning for the Porton, Idmiston and Gomeldon area - if you have any concerns, please read the Community Flood Plan below for guidance, or contact Councillor
Mark Jones, the Flood Warden on 07881 504095