23rd June 2020 - Wiltshire Council's COVID 19 advice for Older People
15th May 2020 - Wiltshire Council's Household Recycling Centres are re-opening on a restricted basis during the current COVID-19 situation.
Please see below for full information:
13th March 2020 - The World Health Organisation has declared a Pandemic Situation in respect of the Corona Virus. Please note the following:
HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS
IN IDMISTON, PORTON AND GOMELDON
Follow NHS Guidelines: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
• Wash your hands often, and thoroughly, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• Use hand sanitiser gel or soap and water
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away. Wash your hands thoroughly afterwards
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If You Are Worried or Need Medical Help?
• Do not go to the GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111
• NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help.
In the Villages:
• Please be a good neighbour, be aware of anyone who may be on their own, unable to get out or who is self- isolating. Ask friends, family members or delivery services to drop off food & other essential supplies.
After checking the news, don't forget to check out the Events page too.
There are changes to Wiltshire Council's waste recycling schedule during the Christmas/New Year period, between:
For any questions about this, please contact Wiltshire Council directly.
The annual accounts were internally audited by Auditing Solutions Ltd on 27th May 2020.
The externally audited accounts were returned by the External Auditor on 19th November 2020.
The published accounts and details, together with further financial information can be found on the Parish Council page.
There are currently two vacancies for councillors at present (January 2021). The Formal Noice of Vacancies have been displayed on the three Parish Council noticeboards in the bus sheletr at Idmiston, outside the shop at Porton and by the bus shelter in East Gomeldon. Please read the person specification and application form below, if you are interested in becoming a member in the future, either by way of an election/by-election/Parish Council co-option. If you have any questions please contact the Parish Clerk.
The latest from Amesbury Police:
There is now a "Porton, Idmiston and Gomeldon Forum" group on Facebook for the use of residents. Please join at:
We will keep you updated with news, but if you wish to raise any concerns or issues, please contact the Parish Clerk directly - the contact details can be found to the left of this page. Otherwise, do pPlease use the group to share news and activities you think would be of benefit to parishioners.
The IPC Grant Policy was adopted by the IPC at its meeting on 11 December 2017. We are now able to offer small grants to local organisations. For conditions see our policy below.
A grant is any payment made by the Council to be used by an organisation for a specific purpose that will benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish, and which is not directly controlled or administered by the Council. The Council awards grants, at its discretion, to Parish organisations which can demonstrate a clear need for financial support to benefit the Parish by:
For 2022/23 expressions of interest must be made by 30 September 2022. For further information and an application form see links below.
If you require an editable version of the application form, please contact the Parish Clerk.